How to Prepare Yourself for Marriage?
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Abdalla Idris Ali
Senior Community & Religious Advisor
This course delves into the different practical and traditional considerations one should make before making the commitment to get married.
The best way to prepare for marriage is to see what happens after marriage. Points of lifestyle must be discussed ahead of marriage to decrease friction:
- When is the best age to start to prepare for marriage?
- Is there an ideal age to get married?
- Who should you consider getting married to?
- What does marriage entail for families, friends and relatives involved?
- Unit 1 – The Purpose and Value of Marriage and Family in Islam
- Unit 2 – How to Prepare Yourself for Marriage and Family Life? (Part 1)
- Unit 3 – How to Prepare Yourself for Marriage and Family Life? (Part 2)
- Unit 4 – When Should You Seek Marriage?
- Unit 5 – What Should You Be Looking for?
- Unit 6 – Found Your Partner, What Should You Do Next?
- Unit 7 – Who Makes the Final Decision of Marriage?
- Unit 8 – Marriage Arrangements
- Unit 9 – Religious vs. Civil Marriage
- Unit 10 – What Makes a Successful Marriage?
- Unit 11 – The Rights of the Wife & Husband
- Unit 12 – Love vs. Mawaddah and Rahmah
- Unit 13 – The Essential Pillars of Muslim Family
- Unit 14 – What Does al-Qiwamah Mean?
- Unit 15 – Myths and Misconceptions about Marriage
- Unit 16 – Conflict Management Within the Family
- Unit 17 – Marriage Counselling
- Unit 18 – Divorce
- Unit 19 – Interfaith Marriages
- Unit 20 – FAQs about Marriage in Islam
To view the course content, click here.