Clarification About Islam and Polygamy
MAC eLEARNING | SCHOOL OF TARBIYA
Misconceptions about Islam and Polygamy
Islam Restricts & did not Introduced Polygamy
Professor Jamal Badawi
Member of The International Union of Muslim Scholars
This series will take an in-depth understanding of Islam’s divine balance between men and women taught by Dr. Jamal Badawi, a well-known Canadian Muslim educator, author, activist, preacher and speaker on Islam.
In Islam Dr. Badawi explains there is a misconception about polygamy. Indeed, Islam does allow for the practice but it is not the norm rather monogamy is.
In this course polygamy will be assessed based on historical grounds with a focus on practices by Abrahamic faith traditions, the moral grounds sanctioning the practice, its strict conditions and qualifiers, and how the to practise is not encouraged nor makes one a better Muslim.
- Unit 1 – Was Polygamy First Introduced by Islam?
- Unit 2 – Is Polygamy Promoted by Islam?
- Unit 3 – Would Polygamy be Considered as a Solution in Some Cases?
- Unit 4 – Why Women are not Allowed to Have More Than One Husband at the Same Time?
- Unit 5 – What if Polygamy is Illegal Where You Live?
To view the course syllabus click here.