Women and the Mosque
MAC eLEARNING | SCHOOL OF TARBIYA
Women and the Mosque
The Role of Women in Islamic House of Worship
Professor Jasser Auda
President of Maqasid Institute Global
This series will take an in-depth understanding of Islam’s divine balance between men and women. What are the roles women play in the mosque according to Islamic jurisprudence hat does the Quran and sunna say about women in mosques?
Is there a specific dress code for women while in the mosque? Are women allowed to deliver a lecture to men in the mosque?
This course is dedicated to women in Islam. Women are half of humanity and half of our ummah and how we approach our women is, by extension, a mirror of how we relate to Islam and humanity.
By design, this course delivers deep insight about Islam and women, the aim is to provide a holistic approach so we do justice to this topic and our women.
- Unit 1 – Why Is This Topic Important?
- Unit 2 – What Is The Correct Methodology In Dealing With Today’s Questions?
- Unit 3 – What Does Quran Say About Women And Mosques?
- Unit 4 – What Does The Sunnah Say About Women And Mosques?
- Unit 5 – On What Basis Do Some Muslims Prevent Women From Entering Mosques?
- Unit 6 – Did The Prophet Say That A Women’s Prayer At Home Is Better Than At Mosque?
- Unit 7 – Are The Hadith Narrations That Ridicule Women True?
- Unit 8 – Are Most Women “dwellers of hell”?
- Unit 9 – How Did The Prophet Design The First Mosque In Madina?
- Unit 10 – Is There a Such Thing As A “men’s entrance” To The Mosque?
- Unit 11 – Are Children Allowed In The Mosque? Where Do They Pray?
- Unit 12 – Can Men And Women Interact In The Mosque?
- Unit 13 – What Happens When Some People Act Inappropriately In The Mosque?
- Unit 14 – Is There A Specific Dress Code For Women In The Mosque?
- Unit 15 – Is It Preferable For Women To Attend Congregational Prayers In The Mosque?
- Unit 16 – Are Non-Muslim Men And Women Allowed In The Mosque? Can They Pray There?
- Unit 17 – Are There Limits On Women’s Participation In The Mosque’s Social Activities?
- Unit 18 – Can Women Lecture Men In The Mosque?
- Unit 19 – Can Women Lead Congregational Prayers? Can They Perform The Call To Prayer?
- Unit 20 – Can Women Serve On The Mosque’s Board? Is Women’s Leadership Forbidden by Hadith?
To view the course syllabus, please visit this site.