Women and the Mosque
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Jasser Auda
President of Maqasid Institute Global
This course will take an in-depth understanding of Islam’s divine balance between men and women.
- What are the roles women play in the mosque according to Islamic jurisprudence?
- What do the Qur’an and Sunnah say about women in mosques?
- Is there a specific dress code for women while in the mosque?
- Are women allowed to deliver lectures to men in the mosque?
This course is dedicated to women in Islam. Women are half of humanity and half of our ummah; and how we approach our women is, by extension, a mirror of how we relate to Islam and humanity.
By design, this course delivers deep insight into Islam and women. The aim is to provide a holistic approach so we do justice to this topic and our women.
- Unit 1 – Why Is This Topic Important?
- Unit 2 – What Is the Correct Methodology In Dealing with Today’s Questions?
- Unit 3 – What Does the Qur’an Say About Women and Mosques?
- Unit 4 – What Does the Sunnah Say about Women and Mosques?
- Unit 5 – On What Basis Do Some Muslims Prevent Women from Entering Mosques?
- Unit 6 – Did the Prophet Say that a Women’s Prayer at Home Is Better than at Mosque?
- Unit 7 – Are the Hadith Narrations that Ridicule Women True?
- Unit 8 – Are Most Women “dwellers of hell”?
- Unit 9 – How Did the Prophet Design the First Mosque in Madinah?
- Unit 10 – Is There Such a Thing as a “men’s entrance” to the Mosque?
- Unit 11 – Are Children Allowed in the Mosque? Where Do They Pray?
- Unit 12 – Can Men and Women Interact in the Mosque?
- Unit 13 – What Happens When Some People Act Inappropriately in the Mosque?
- Unit 14 – Is There a Specific Dress Code for Women in the Mosque?
- Unit 15 – Is It Preferable for Women to Attend Congregational Prayers in the Mosque?
- Unit 16 – Are Non-Muslim Men and Women Allowed In the Mosque? Can They Pray There?
- Unit 17 – Are There Limits On Women’s Participation In the Mosque’s Social Activities?
- Unit 18 – Can Women Lecture Men In the Mosque?
- Unit 19 – Can Women Lead Congregational Prayers? Can They Perform the Call To Prayer?
- Unit 20 – Can Women Serve On the Mosque’s Board? Is Women’s Leadership Forbidden by Hadith?
To view the course content, click here.