Islam’s Emphasis on Justice with Clarifications about Jihad
MAC E-LEARNING | SCHOOL OF TARBIYA
Misconceptions about Islam and Jihad
Professor Jamal Badawi
Member of The International Union of Muslim Scholars
Is there any command in the Quran that allows Muslims to fight others on the sole grounds that they are not Muslim whether they are Jewish, Christians, Pagans or Idolaters?
Is there an ayah of the Qur’an which labels people of the book as ‘Mushrikeen’. Indeed Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) receives credit for keeping the peace for 13 years.
What did the Geneva Conventions and the various humanitarian international laws of war add to in essence to what the Prophet of Islam taught 14 centuries ago?
- Unit 1 – Infidels, Kafirs, Polytheist and People of The Book
- Unit 2 – Holy War vs. Jihad
- Unit 3 – The Quran’s Verses of Peace and Tolerance
- Unit 4 – Does the Quran license the Killing of Non-Muslims?
- Unit 5 – Tolerance with Enemies in the Quran
- Unit 6 – Relationships with other Nations and Neighbours
- Unit 7 – Jizyah in Islam
- Unit 8 – Friendship of Non-Muslims
- Unit 9 – What does Prevail mean in Quran?
- Unit 10 – Reasons for Revelation
- Unit 11 – The Phenomenon of Al-Naskh
- Unit 12 – The Truthful and Consistent in Quran
- Unit 13 – General and Qualifier in Quran
- Unit 14 – Understanding the Hadith, “I Was Ordered to Fight the People Until They Testify…”
- Unit 15 – Underlying Values of the Quran
- Unit 16 – Is Renouncing Islam Apostasy?
- Unit 17 – Hadith and Apostasy
- Unit 18 – Conclusion about Apostasy
To learn more and view the course syllabus click here.