Clarification About the Marriage of Aisha (RA)
MAC eLEARNING | SCHOOL OF TARBIYA
Misconceptions About the Marriage of Aisha
Debate on Her age when She Was Married
Professor Jamal Badawi
Member of The International Union of Muslim Scholars
In Islam regarding the management of wealth, Guardians are required to test and see if the orphan who’s money they keep as an Amanah (in trust) is mature enough to be endowed their inheritance. Granting the wealth before they are mature is prohibited as the recipient may not spend the money in their best interest. Dr. Jamal Badawi proposes since merely age is not the sole determinant of maturity, as Islam places emphasis on maturity ahead of inheritance, then what requirements should be considered for marriage?
In the case of marriage, it is not physical puberty rather mental maturity psychological maturity, emotional maturity, for one to be in a position to say yes I agree to marriage or I accept the proposal for marriage.
- Unit 1 – Introduction
- Unit 2 – What is The Age of Marriage in General?
- Unit 3 – Is Islam Promoting Child Marriage? part I
- Unit 4 – Is Islam Promoting Child Marriage? Part II
- Unit 5 – Is Islam Promoting Child Marriage? Part III
- Unit 6 – Is Islam Promoting Child Marriage? Part IV
- Unit 7 – What was Aisha’s Age When She Got Married to The Prophet (PBUH)?
- Unit 8 – The 6/9 Hadith
- Unit 9 – The Historical Timeline of Aisha’s Marriage
- Unit 10 – More Evidence About Aisha’s Age of Marriage
- Unit 11 – Conclusion
To learn more and view the course syllabus click here.