Contemporary Islamic Financial Transactions
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Abdulazeem Abozaid
Qatar Foundation, Islamic Finance Program
This course by Dr. Abdulazeem introduces the participants to the very basics of Islamic Financial Law, so that they may familiarize themselves with the Shari’ah stands on the most important modern-day financial transactions.
It covers topics such as dealing with credit cards, cryptocurrency, stocks and financial derivatives. It also provides a basic explanation of the concept and rules of Riba (usury, interest) and Gharar (uncertainty, hazard) along with their contemporary applications such as bank loans and gambling. A brief introduction to the primary Islamic banking products is also included in the course.
This course is intended for all those who are interested in knowing and understanding the basic Shari’ah rules pertaining to contemporary financial transactions.
The successful completion of the course should equip the participants with the Shari’ah knowledge that is indispensable for any Muslim who is willing to abide by the Shari’ah rules in his/her investments or financial dealings.
- Bank Loans and their Types: An Islamic Perspective
- Rulings of Dealing with Credit Cards
- Dealing with Cryptocurrencies: Permissible?
- Financial Derivatives: What Are These?
- Investing in Stock Markets
- Islamic Banking Products (Part 1)
- Islamic Banking Products (Part 2)
- The Concept of Riba (Usury) in Islamic Law
- The Concept of Gambling in Islamic Law
- Freedom of Contracting in Islamic Law
To learn more and view the course contents, click here.