Introduction to the Fiqh of Fasting
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Sh. Ahmed Khalil
Imam of Ottawa MAC Islamic Centre
The month of Ramadan is a blessed time for all Muslims. It is an opportunity to transform yourself and route to success in this world and the hereafter.
Every year, we should aspire for Ramadan to be our best yet. It is not only recommended but highly essential for every Muslim and Muslimah to be aware of the Islamic rulings (Fiqh) and the spiritual channels that we can use to achieve the most out of this blessed month.
In this course, we will talk about the wisdom behind fasting and the important rulings related to it. This course will focus on the classical and contemporary Islamic rulings related to Ramadan and Islamic rulings related to fasting as an obligation.
The course will cover important subjects including: How do we find out the start of Ramadan?, Who is obliged to fast? Who is exempt from fasting? What are the nullifiers of fasting? What’s so special about the last ten nights?, and what is Zakat-ul-fitr? And much more.
- The Wisdom behind Fasting
- Blessings of Fasting
- Pillars & Conditions of Fasting
- Moon Sighting & Ramadan
- Who Has to Fast in Ramadan?
- Who Is Exempt from Fasting?
- Upholding Fasting
- Things that Nullify One’s Fasting (1)
- Things that Nullify One’s Fasting (2)
- Things that Nullify One’s Fasting (3)
- Making up Fasts (Qada’, Fidyah, Kaffarah)
- Preferred Aspects while Fasting (1): Iftar & Suhur
- Preferred Aspects while Fasting (2): Taraweeh
- Preferred Aspects while Fasting (3): Remembrance of Allah & Generosity
- Preferred Aspects while Fasting (4): The Last 10 Nights
- Preferred Aspects while Fasting (5): Laylat al-Qadr
- Preferred Aspects while Fasting (6): I’tikaf
- Disliked Aspects while Fasting
- The Fiqh of Zakat-ul-Fitr
To learn more and view the course contents, click here.